Saturday, January 22, 2005

Weekend Reflection - Part 2 - God's Creation

While at the chalet, on sat morning, I woke up to do my Morning Prayer. So I walked out to the beach, sat on the breakwater, and started.

Staring at the sea and the hills of johor across it, while saying the invitatory psalm brought much meaning to the verses :

"A mighty God is the Lord, a great king above all gods. In his hands are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his. To him belongs the sea, for he made it, and the dry land shaped by his hands." psa 95:3-5
So there I was, admiring the beauty of the His creation (i guess this is wat Sr Carol meant by creation spirituality) when our great God decided to greet me good morning with a rainbow. This despite it not having rained & not a raincloud in sight.



Then it started to drizzle. And then it occurred to me that if i wanted the beautiful rainbow, i had to accept the rain too. Similarly as we learn in geography, mountains are formed through the movement of the earth's crust. And earthquakes are a result of that movement. So this got me thinking about the tsunamis. And whether it was all part of God's plan. Cos just the day before, I was reading the forum page, and how different people were "arguing" over where God was in the whole tsunami tragedy. But more on that in the next part.

For me, I was just enjoying the nice rainbow, the cool breeze, and the light drizzle that God sent to water his grass and plants around me.

No comments: