Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Metanoia

Today Kristine shouted for me. Turns out there was a wierd looking caterpillar with a giant green bump on its head crawling on her bed. So I caught it and put it in a container with leaves. Hopefully this time I can use my digital camera, and capture the different phases it goes thru from caterpillar to butterfly/moth.



And then I was reading Marcus' email about the suggestions for the name for the YA Mass. And one of it was Metanoia. Which got me to think abt metamorphosis which the caterpillar goes through to become a butterfly.

And so I went to search the meaning of metanoia and found it means "spiritual conversion or awakening; fundamental change of character" from Greek for `change one's mind, repent'.

While metamorphosis is about the physical transformation. Metanoia is about the spirit, the mind, the character. And I hope that if I look back at these postings, I will be able to capture my own metanoia, like the way my photos will capture the metamorphosis of the caterpillar.

No comments: