Saturday, January 01, 2005

Long Time Coming

A New Year has arrived
Its been a long time since I last blogged...

With the confirmation camp and the whole Parish Assembly and PPC process, was too busy and just lost the momentum to update.
Also I realised that I took too long to compose my postings, and it was making me very unproductive in my work.
But I have realised 2 things about myself in the last few months, and it kinda applies to why I stopped blogging.

1) I'm a person of habit and fixed timing.
I realised this one day when I forgot to switch my phone to silent before mass. And then I realised that I would check and switch my phone to silent at the same place in church before I entered. And that day I did not walk by that particular place. So I didn't do it.
So even my prayer life and blogging. If I don't fix a set timing to do it. It will just pass me by and I wouldn't even remember. Like I used to do the morning prayer in the office before work, but once I stopped that, it took me a while to get used to doing it after I wake up.

2) I'm a perfectionist in the most inefficient way
I've come to realise that I waste a lot of time wanting to be perfect in small details. Using the theory that 20% of the effort would give 80% of the results, and the remaining 80% of the effort would only gain the last 20% of the results. I would spend a lot of time trying to get that remaining 20%. Like when I blog, it takes so much effort for me to put my thoughts in a proper way, must have flow, must make sense, must be spelled correctly.

Well today, I hope after the second long break, I would frequently update this blog, and spend less time perfecting my postings which of course might mean that the postings would not be that easy to read ;-Þ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been checking in regularly to see if u post up any new blog...gd to see that u finally did. :) will be a regular visitor. Have a Blessed Year. Teresa