Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Psalm 34

Tues Nite Sharing
Last night's passage was from Psalms 34

Vs 1 of the Psalm struck me, "I will bless the LORD at all times", or at least I that was something that was in my mind the whole day, given the realisation on monday.

How hard is it for us to keep God in mind all the time.
In the morning I had a conversation with a muslim friend of mine from poly, and he was telling me that he is not a practicing muslim. And some part of the conversation, the topic of "external religious" & "internal religious" We focus on the external rituals, symbols, efforts because they are the visible signs. But what is most important is what is inside.

So that was how it started my day, looking at what it means being internally religious. Then I read one of the Pope's speeches.

We have to be His(Jesus) true friends, to share His feelings, to want what He wants and not want what He does not want."
Pope Benedict XVI, in his speech to the clergy of Rome"
I read the readings for the day, and it all kept reminding me of the same theme.
"Commit your life to the LORD; trust Him and He will act" (Psa 37:5)
And that was the exact phrase that Fr Ho started his mass with. And that was what I was reflecting on during the whole mass. Commit your life...your whole life...not 1 sunday a week, not 1 hour a day or 1 rosary a day, or even like City Harvest's Pastor Kong said "Not 10% of your salary". Wah piang...how to do man.

And then Fr Ho's sermon brought up the first line of the first reading. "When you aspire to serve the LORD, prepare yourself for trials." (Sir 2:1) He kept emphasising the word "aspire" and "aspiring" which made me listen up. and I guess that is the message for me. To aspire to serve the Lord, in everything. "To want what He wants, and not want what He does not want". And its not going to be an easy road. For I'm sure the devil has picked me up on his radar.

So please pray for me lots. Thanks.

No comments: