Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Eating Alone & God's Crazy Dog

Not sure if people notice this about me, but something I realised of myself recently. I don't like to eat alone. Especially eating alone outside. If ever I was alone, I would tapow and bring back to office or home to eat.

Maybe because I'm too into the table of fellowship concept, where mealtime is also for fellowship. But anyway, so this evening, I was stuck with the situation, where I didn't have food at home, and didn't have anyone to have dinner with. So the thought came to mind again. Grab something, go home and eat in front of the TV.

But then remembering that I have this wierd behaviour, I asked myself why. Maybe because eating isn't enough of an activity for me to do alone. I have to either have people to talk to, TV to watch, newspaper to read, or in the poly canteen days, girls to look at.

And so I decided to take a book along to read while I ate. It was quite a wierd feeling at first, sitting there by myself, and I started to look around at others. There were many groups of people, but there were 2 guys sitting alone. I even started observing what they did.

But then I told myself to just read my book. And surprisingly it was quite an enjoyable time. Just relaxing, eating, reading, being by myself. So enjoyable, that as I was walking home in my bliss, I forgot that I had actually parked my van at Jalan Nira. And just as I walked past my van, this mad dog in the house started barking crazily. And as I turned back to look at it, I saw my van.

Without the dog, I would have just walked home happily and totally forgotten about my van. Praise God, for using the dog to get my attention.

No comments: