Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feast Day

For nearly 30 years of my life, I have been living under the impression that there was no Saint by the name of Terence, I find out, with the help of the mighty GOOGLE that there indeed is a St Terence, in fact a few, depending on which source. Don't know if the Vatican website has a complete list of all the Saints of the Church.

Anyway I found on the Catholic.org list of Saints and the Patron Saints Index a few St Terences. One who I'm going to take as my Patron Saint, was one of a group of 50 Christians who were imprisoned in a pen of snakes and scorpions, and then martyred.

I chose him as his feast day occurs quite close to the date on which I got that mysterious call, that has led me down this path of my vocation. So now he has got to pray for me and my vocation. Too bad not much is known about him to write about.

Have a few more posts still on my PDA to blog, just haven't had the time to complete them... Really procrastinating a lot.

No comments: