Thursday, January 12, 2006

First day in the seminary

Officially moved in to the seminary today. It's wonderful how 3 of us begin another chapter in our lives on the same day. We sent Celine off at the airport, prayed over her, and got prayed over too.

The moving in process was quite smooth, thanks to Jo's well maintained room. It was only after the moving in that I had time to think of what I was feeling. Felt a bit alien to the place, a bit like how I felt when I did my stay-in last year. Kinda like just visiting. Maybe cos I haven't customised my room yet, or not used to the place. Many people were asking me how I felt coming in. Truthfully I also don't know how to answer them. Excited? Yes. Frightened? Also yes.

The last few months before coming in hasn't really been the ideal preparation I had in mind for entering. Actually a bit disappointed with myself, and which also led to doubts of whether I was cut out for this.

But was really affirmed by the Lord today. I was flipping through the affirmation book that MSC so lovingly prepared. And I read what Marie Low wrote, and she actually quoted 1Pet 1:6-9

"In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, as you attain the goal of (your) faith, the salvation of your souls."


I'm thankful that she remembered this passage, for this was the very passage that she used for the tues nite sharing the nite after I met Fr Ho 2 years ago, and I was feeling disappointed, and this passage brought me comfort. So reading this today brought back the same comfort. Not that I'm looking at my time in the seminary as suffering and trials, but more of a reminder of the call that has brought me here.

And What's more, when I was praying the evening prayer with Jude, this was the scripture reading of the day. Almost teared during the prayer. But yah praise God for his call, his guidance and his gentle promptings along the way.

Thus decided to start this new blog, to document this new journey. Not sure what to call it yet. Hopefully got some inspiration in the coming days.

1 comment:

pinto said...

Good to see you're blogging again. Looking forward to more posts. Will keep you in my prayers!